Your clients are desperate for your help.
They are feeling overwhelmed about their dog’s behavior and they feel judged by those closest to them.
They struggle with knowing what to do and how to do it and they want to give over the reigns to you.
You know that building a loving connection requires your client to feel capable, confident and grounded in how to effectively and humanely teach their dogs.
How do you help your clients move from their emotional selves into their wise minds?
- Normalize what your clients are going through right now. Sharing with your client how others you work with have been in the same boat or going through the same challenges right now. This can provide your clients with a bit of relief that all is not lost!
- Validate their feelings. What your client is experiencing and sensing in their body is real and it’s important to recognize it and help your client make sense of what their experiencing too.
- Get curious and ask them questions about the incidents that they share with you which contributes to their dogs stress responses, you may uncover where your client can have opportunity for growth too. When you ask questions to gain insight, this can help your client take a birds eye view of the situation. By seeing the situation objectively, your client can connect their heart and mind which opens their mind to possibility of solution seeking versus problem focused.
- Provide your clients with how they can ground themselves when things feel overwhelming. Breath work and just taking a break can do wonders for easing tension. You know when your clients can feel relaxed, they are better able to respond to their dog’s needs too.
- Your clients may feel they are alone with using only humane training methods. Their friends and family may be telling them it can’t be done or what’s the point. Your client is driven to meet their dog’s needs and providing them with other outlets which support their mindset is necessary. Help them get connected to communities where they will receive modern and ethical training approaches. Create one for your clients if one isn’t available.
Reaching your client in a way which supports their learning and growth can set them up for long lasting change and feeling more comfortable, confident and capable in handling any situation with their dog.
Do you want to reach your clients in a more meaningful way? Set up your Uniting Call with me!